Monday, September 3, 2007

Bush eradication

I might have already told a few of you - with a lot of grrrrrrrrs and aaaaawwwwws and fist shaking and tantrum faking - what I did on Sunday instead of work or meeting friends: I eradicated a bush:

All the dirt bits without grass were covered by the sprouts of this nasty bush trying to take over our whole garden. So I spent 6 hours cutting off sprouts, ripping the out and digging through the dirt getting all the roots out.

Aaaahhh... nothing more rewarding than eradicating a bush.

It's almost symbolic as well, because George W arrived in Sydney today for some stupid convention costing Australia unbelievable amounts of money and all Sydneysiders an enormous amount of nerves. They're shutting down parts of the CBD around GeorgeW's hotel (yes, he rented a whole hotel for his entourage of 300) all week, mobiles won't work when motorcades are on their way, they introduced an extra holiday and told people to better leave the city altogether. Excuse me? I live here! I don't want GeorgeW or any other world leader around discussing stuff without outcomes. What b/s!!!
Ah, there's lots of other things going on to throw tantrums over - poor G knows all about it. Well, part of the tantrum throwing is due to Skype's bad connections, so maybe he was lucky and most of my rant(s) were blurred out ;)

Ramble... I'll go to bed now so that I can get up early and write a paper tomorrow by 8pm and send it to my supervisor the magic paper fixer...

Have I mentioned lately, that I still really miss you guys?

1 comment:

naira said...

yay! a visual of Jette and her weekend arch-nemesis Nefarious Bush, and the epic 6 hour battle! (Was actually trying to picture a bush that needed 6 hours of attention when you told me about it and goodness! it looks menacing even in defeat!)