Monday, August 13, 2007

Pixpixpix

Just in case you guys aren't in constant search of procrastination and therefore haven't noticed it yet: I've finally uploaded all my (view-worthy) pictures from Stanford, SF and Yosemite. When I get my next bad pang of saudade (G, that's the most important word in Portuguese, especially when you're away from people and places you love. No real translation. Work it out...) for you and need to look a the pictures again, I might re-sort them... if that seriously messes up links to particular pictures you've sent to people, let me know and I'll try to restrain myself - at least for a while.
It's not very likely to happen soon anyway. I have unbelievable amounts of work piling up, can't get around some of the reading that really needs to get done, and there still are hundreds of pictures from my pre-LSA Europe trip to be sorted and put online. Oh and this bloody Google womens scholarship... I guess some of you heard about my horrible Monday, where I had to write about 6000 words for this application, thought I'd never make it, my car battery finally died completely on me but I still had to drive the 30km to uni and hope I'd find someone who'd give me jump start later, I forgot the power supply for my macbook at home, started hating myself for my incredible slack-arsedness that never lets me start anything before it's actually too late (well, at least the pix are online now...), and finally heard that the deadline was extended by 6 days and that I only need to write 2500 words. Life was suddenly so beautiful for a couple of hours. I'm a sucker for deadline extensions! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. Almost as much as I love you guys!
Btw, not sunny and warm here anymore, so I am getting a bit of "winter" after all - or at least what they call winter here. I might get to the snow one of these weekends, ha how fantastic would that be! And it's pretty much decided that I'll go climbing at Mt Arapiles in Victoria in September. That's THE climbing Mecca of Australia and I've never not had a great time there. Stuff uni! I don't care if I miss another 2 weeks. My motivation is below zero anyway, so I'm only getting depressed in this windowless dungeon.

Enough... someone else write something now!
Beijinhos, j

1 comment:

Yonatan said...

who is procrastinating? I would never do that.
Btw - I don't know if it's the same thing but a friend of mine from the lab got the google women scholarship and is going to the US for some kind of an event.
If it's the same thing, and if you get it and if you go ther - you should really meet her because she is just a bucket of fun.