Sunday, August 12, 2007

bike riding - take II

Yesterday I also had a memorable bike riding... but for the opposite reasons. My beautiful more-than-perfect-Funk'enstein was riding happily through the parking lot in front of the ARC (activities and recreation center), on my way from home to the office, when I needed to brake to avoid a Funk’enstein-car collision… What happened, you may ask? The only brake that Funk’enstein has available suddenly broke and I didn’t manage to stop. Fortunately, because Davis is this peaceful community – although not as gorgeous as Ithaca – the guy managed to stop and avoid the mentioned collision.

Apart from this episode, we also had a very interesting lunch-experience in the Davis Farmer’s Market (as you can see, although far way, the gang keeps in synch). Susana, Uli and I went there to have an Afghani lunch. We bought some stuff and ended up seating in the grass of the Central Park to enjoy the magnificent food. I was just reliving some of our meals while on the gang-yosemite-tour.

Miss you guys!

rui

5 comments:

Yonatan said...

Rui - you were saved!
In any case I am flattered that you are following my footsteps so maticulously

a said...

poor funk'enstein!... it's old and tired. first the tire in stanford, now this... and how's my stripy and dotty freak bike? it would be great to have it here to walk around.

rui soares costa said...

Aniscas, you're freaky bike is well and sends you greetings! It’s now resting under the stairs a bit lonely… (Don’t tell anyone that it’s there without any kind of lock!) I’ll keep it for a few months in case some friends decide to visit Davis/San Francisco and need bikes to hang around. Afterwards I’ll donate the dotty and stripy almost-as-beautiful-as-Funk’enstein bike to that respectful organization – the Bike Church. They are a community of hippies that take care of bikes with lots of love and some peace in between.

DrSpl@t said...

Hey,

Are you guys connected with the elusive freak bike people I've heard about?? If so I'm an Aussie freak biker/builder/rider and all that, and wanted to get in contact with other bike freaks while I was here in Davis. My short time here nearly up... but if your planning a ride I'd love to come along.

shannon.dillon@ensisjv.com

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.