Thursday, September 18, 2008

not gone or out.

Hello Everyone,

No I have not forgotten about you, my sweet friends. This has been a rough few months for me. Classes start back up next week so I'm ready finish up and make some money. That way I can come see all of you.

The summer got off to a good start until the end of June when my sister (who is also my roommate) was in a terrible horseback riding accident. She was riding along when the horse spooked, reared up and fell backwards on top of her! Alison shattered her pelvis in ten places and cracked the ball part at the top of the femur (thigh bone). She was had surgery and was in the hospital for two weeks. Afterwards she moved to a nursing home for eight weeks. She has come home and is now nearly back to normal. Now she can walk without crutches, drive her car, and ride her bike! (Though, as an older brother I was not happy about the bike riding.)

In the mean time, I have been trying to find a job. Which, it seems, is nearly impossible for people like me. Apparently, a lot of people are out of work...

Hope to hear from you all soon, my friends. I miss you all dearly.

-G

4 comments:

naira said...

Good to hear that Alison's doing well. :) mashallah

a said...

oh, i'm glad that your sister is ok...
keep being a careful elder brother!

Yonatan said...

just saw this!
Geoff, it's good to hear from you and I am glad to hear your sister is recuperating. these things put everything in perspective and I am glad that everything is going well.

Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام